Wednesday 6 March 2013

Ideas for Images



March 6th....

The blog journey continues..........................................................
Studio at ucs 

catching up now with the last couple of days though i want to put images of my work up my camera has given up the ghost .....awaiting a new one coming soon  kindly bought by my parents an early birthday present!!....

Experimenting 



IMAGES HERE..

Song thrush Etching 

Sculptured  Hands 
Image photoshop Student protests London 2013

















it has been a week of twists and turns i was in college on monday working on an image based on the effects of displacement of indigenous people in rainforests i worked with charcoal and red pastel again the figure at the fore and creeping red insiduosly driving out life form..........

                                             *****************************

Tuesday 5th My invigalating spot at the World Land Trust Gallery Halesworth. I spoke again to Kelly who I communicate with about issues Kelly mentioned my meeting up with John Burton the CEO of WLT as he has frirst hand experience of dealing with indigenous people groups this may happen in the next few weeks 
Also Kelly mentioned about getting together to discuss the land trust image inspired by land scapes. im not sure at the moment what mediums i will be working in . 
As i invigilated i got to speak to a customer about my work and studying she showed an interest in my work particularly the mixed media abstract that seems to attract peoples attention also up in the student spot is my Song thrush Bee and a small abstract WHEN i get my new camera i will show you all!!! 
Over the week end I worked on more sketches for images of Hares Im now working  a collagraph of 
a pair of Hares in motion  i used card,sand paper, pva textured wall paper i have documented these to up load images SOON!  


IMAGES HERE.......
Experimenting with collagraph








I didnt feel well yesterday which left me not able to go to UCS today but I was able to use my time to work on more images of Hares I need to have these works done by 18th ish of march in time for the next WLT exhibition (last week in MARCH ) thinking ahead as to when images need to be ready by  having deadlines to work to has helped me to focus and time manage ,
THE Collagraph i neeed to print up on monday at UCS so that will give it ten days to compleatly dry before it is framed in time for the HARE exhibition. 
AS i was saying today i worked on a water colour image of two hares i based these on sketches I had worked on from secondary source photo images of hares (see Sketch books)  




IMAGES 



Song Thrush Etching 



REFLECTING on my proposal of work... how am I doing?.........

MEDIUMS USED SO FAR.............
Bumble Bee Etching 

  1. Etchings and Ink pen of Song Thrush and Bee hung in the world land trust Gallery for the February exhibition Student Wall spot.
  2. Reduction Linocut abstract of Flight of the bumble bee.(exhibited as above).
MEDIUMS WORKING ON ..............................
  1. Collograph of hares to be finished for Hare exhibition at the WLT.
  2. Watercolour of hares ready for future March Hare exhibition at the WLT.
  3. Idea to work on a detailed drawing of a Hare for above exhibition


Thinking ahead in ten days working on a landscape inspired image for WLT
ALSO  Continued Research of the effects of deforestation on the indiginus people
STILL reading Fight For the forest......

Last friday Kelly Chatted with me about my Prezie Presentation notes i need to make and alter......

                                           ***************************
  1. ADJUSTMENTS to prezie Spelling s COLOMBIA
  2. WLT based in Halesworth since 1989
  3. WLT work in Central Asia, Africa,South America I need to drop (etc) in the proposal
  4. Kelly suggested i look up Bethan Jones on WLT web page
  5. I can lift and copy the WLT map on to my blog spot
  6. World Land Trust are adding me to their Artist Web

www.world land trust


The Brazil nut tree





Did you know that .............
 the Brazil nut tree can only produce nuts in Brazil....
The tree needs a certain type of bee and a certain type of Orchid for its flower to pollinate and produce the Brazil nut
The Bee and Orchid can only be found in Brazil.
When an area of Brazilian Rainforest is deforested it is illegal 
To burn or cut down the  Brazil nut tree yet ironically when all the forest around the tree is destroyed, within a year or so the Brazil nut tree will also die..... the soil is so poor that the tree needs sustenance from other trees plants fauna and wild life to survive... again we are reminded of the futility of man and his disregard and lack of respect for the planet and  nature. I'm reminded of a quote linked to Frans Krajberg.... 'The forest came before civilization and the desert after'.   Yvonnesartroomblogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment