Monday 18 March 2013

ART TO BE FINISHED FOR FRIDAY 22nd March





Meeting a deadline............................March 18th

I have been working on meeting my deadline for the WLT next exhibition  for the end of March begining of April, Having compleated two works in response to the next theme HARES that tye in with the up and coming Spring Easter holidays : one LINOCUT
                                                                : one WATERCOLOUR and INK
I had been working on a COLLAGRAPH  image of hares .....But unfortunately im disappointed with the out comes and final results.......when in UCS today and working in the print room finalising the collagraph and adding the final colour I am not happy with it.... I went on to work on an Etching based on some drawings from my sketch book I was able to produce 4 images....... so hoping they will dry in time for friday> I have framed the other two works so they are now compleat.
                                                 *********************************
MEETING Kelly .............................. I had a discussion with Kelly on thursday 14th march I will soon meet up with John to talk about the Landscape and my work dealing with Deforestation issues .......

                                                 *********************************

Finishing Fight for the forest a Book based on the story of Chico Mendes an the struggle of the indigenous people in Brazil to stop deforestation and protect the livelyhood of the Rubber Tappers and the Brasil nut trees......................................DID YOU KNOW?....................that due to the biodiversity of the Brazilian Rainforest it is the only place in the world where Brazil nuts can grow!!???..................a number of years ago an entreprenuer tried to grow nuts on a plantation...the trees grew well they flowered but no nuts were produced.... the facts are not compleatly understood how they are pollinated  but it seems to depend on a combination of  certain bees and orchids that are only found in the Brazilian Rainforest...ref (latin america bereau research action ) Ltd, 1989 translated by Chris Whitehouse add material Tony Gross ed by Duncan Martin. Book Fight For The Forest. Chico Mendes in his own words .

 Reflecting on my collaberation and proposal with the WLT................ 
  1. At the end of this week I will Hand in my final work on Hares in response to the new theme HARES I am confident this will happen.
  2. I was hoping to have produced a collograph if on Weds this week the last cahnce for me to produce a colagraph dosnt work it will be one medium that i wanted to be realised that wont happen 
  3. I will take into show Kelly on friday all the Hare images so she can discuss which ones will be part of the April Exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment