Tuesday 2 April 2013

Experimenting with colours

 


An experiment with colours on a hare collograph at ucs 


             

        REFLECTING on past two Exhibitions with WLT....................
     
        Having now compleated works for two successive  exhibitions Birds and Bees in
           
       Feb / March  and Hares March/April there is a need to take time and reflect on how I felt the
 
       time spent focusing on producing the works has gone so far.
     
       Up until this juncture at the present moment i have been able to produce work in conjunction with the
     
       Trusts monthly exhibitions I have been able to stay true to what was set out in my proposal working with  
       a varied range of mediums within the disciplines of printmaking and painting and focusing on producing
       work in connection with the Trusts Themes . However the contextualising of my works so far with the
      Trust has not been as strong as it could have been although in my Presentation i did focus on various
      artists who had inspired and informed me this was mainly based on their technical abilities rather than any
      conceptual ideas basicly it was nature inspired and nature driven artwork that focused more on sellable  
      imagery which is what myself and the Trust had agreed on and I was VERY happy to
      do this as I saw the work I produced  as a means and a tool to support the work of WLT .
      Reasearching and learning . My time also involved invigilating has been good experience and has been
      insightful
       the Trust has been an inspiration and has helped to inform me of the plight of indigenous people in
     the countries WLT supports, this is a positive outcome.     

                                               *********************************

 
   
      WHERE NEXT !!!!**********************


      RESEARCHING..........................continuing to collect information based on the next phase of my time
 
     in collaboration with WLT I will now focus on looking at the plight of the indiginous peoples where there
     has been deforestation so far i have been using my time at the trust to research on this subject and have
     read about Chico Mendes from Brazil and the plight of the Rubbertappers in Brasil in the 1980s having
     spoken to John  I am currently researching Frans Krajcberg a polish by birth artist who became a
     Brazilian Citizen due to leaving Poland after the 2nd world war his family all perished .
     Frans has a real passion about saving the rainforests in Brazil and has spent  his life protesting against
   deforestation he has done many sculpures and is respected greatly for is work and stand against
   deforestation see include you tube images of his work . I hope to focus my energies now into
    contextualising my work in a deeper level over the next phase of my time at WLT

 

My studio at UCS
Previous work looking at contestation  11th Hour
exploring ideas for displaced
contextualising my work in a deeper way over the next phase of my time at WLT



 www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0CDYoT4ojE
Please take a look at Frans Krajcbergs work 
Previous work that focused on contestation  called Kettled 

No comments:

Post a Comment