Saturday 13 September 2014

NORTHERN LIGHTS ON THE HORIZON !!



Up and coming northern lights.... 


Soon flying out to Reykjavik hoping to catch a glimmer of the  Northern lights and other natural phenomenon's ! and to bring back some photo images for the blog...having said that 300 miles away from Reykjavik the Bardarbunga Volcano continues to erupt !! so will have my camera at the ready! be back next weekend ttfn.







Aurora Borealis

  by: Nellie Seelye Evans (????-1929)



 

There is a flower of climate rare
That never bloomed for me,
I searched the wood, I searched the moor,
I robbed the emerald sea.

Alone upon an icy coast,
By Arctic's hem it grows,
Its beauty is intoxicant
To those who brave the snows.

But when the Bear shines clear and high
I dream of Polar night.
Wherein this wondrous flower blooms
In sheaves of rainbow light.             




   More poems by Nellie Seelye Evans


Read more at http://www.blackcatpoems.com/e/aurora_borealis.html#VuXawHVmZSoPAFJp.99

No comments:

Post a Comment