Wednesday 22 June 2022

Ecologically inspired Art.

As a human being, I am completely completely connected to nature. My existence, my life, my culture – is the natural environment. My survival and my creativity depend on it. The knowledge about the destruction of environment pushed me into a huge rebellion, which I express through my work. For over forty years, I have been working, fighting, and condemning the acts of destruction. franz Krajcberg 1921-2017 ref1 find below.


A collection of ecologically inspired art works.


The Displaced- Charcoal yf
My interest in environmental issues started back in 2012. Before that time I was unaware of the detrimental impact humans were having on the natural environment.A shift in my understanding occured as a 2nd year art student- working with the environmental organisation- The World land Trust; their aims were to protect forests and endangered species through the buying of land and co-working alongside indigenous peoples within particular eco-systems. The realization that human activity was causing irreversible damage to the Amazon rainforest had a significant impact on my understanding, it also challenged my humancentric conditioning - and certain perceptions toward the rest of nature. At the same time I was introduced to the profound eco-works of Polish-Brazilian artist Franz Krajcberg, who,taking charred remains of forest wood, created powerfully poigniant visual installations out of them.Franz had lived in Brazil after experiencing the horrors of the 2nd World War.He stated that living with nature, in the forests... "gave him back his humanity," Yet,as his knowledge and perceptions of mans exploitation of the Rainforests grew, he begain to work tirelessly to draw attention to the devastation caused by human activity through his work and through his eco-activism.His eco-quotes remain timeless and inspirational.

The culmination of the above insights and 
experiences have
Medium experiments yf
 continued to both challenge and motivate. I find ongoing inspiration for creating eco-art through my understanding of the subject matter- current, ecologically engaged topics- via books and environmental courses- then to combine the knowledge creatively through using a multiple variety of art mediums and techniques.   


watercolour ecosystems
Through themed projects I explore the important role that ecosystems play for a healthy,thriving and sustainable life on our planet.To recognise and acknoweledge the muitifaceted intelligence of other life forms within nature - which is so easily overlooked by humans in our urbanised settings. However the reoccuring theme that remains is based on my ongoing preoccupation - the impact of human activity and the consequences that are incurred onto wildlife and Habitats. 










Humans-We Are But One Part. yf
Pastel.
Three eco-books I'm presently re-reading are: The Sacred Balance, by David Suzuki, The Web of Meaning, by Jeremey Lent, and Deep Ecology, by George Sessions... Each highlighting various aspects; the intrinsic value of nature, the amazing ability of the natural world renewing,recycling capacity within ecosystems,the elements of earth, air, water, all sustaining and balancing without the adverse polluting we presently experience  -  resulting from human activities Does it seem that we have lost our bearings in our endeavour to create our humancentric world?... I found reading The Pattening Instinct, also, by Jeremy Lent very insightful- The author drew on  17th C history, its preoccupations,values and belief systems- that saw nature only as a resource for human benefits alone- they somehow now seem to be outmoded. Lets hope we can move toward working with nature and learn how to thrive in a ecologiclly sustainable way - for future generations and our beautiful planet.


Franz Krajcberg, creative, Eco- Activist 
             https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frans_Krajcberg


Our planet is in a grave situation. Nature is revengeful, and we harm it too much. We mustn't remain passive Franz Krajcberg - ref 2 found below

https://culture.pl/en/artist/frans-krajcberg ref 1 & 2


No comments:

Post a Comment