Wednesday 13 March 2013

PEER DISCUSSIONS




REFLECTING ON TODAYS PEER GROUP DISCUSSION

Part of my professional studio practice is to reflect on aspects of how my collaboration is developing 
today i got chance to discuss how my collaberation is going 
I had atutorial with Robin and we did discused the need for me to incorporate more contextualising within my practice ... this is an area i mentioned in my last blog...... 
CONTEXTUALISING .. looking at the aspects of this i have reserched articles on the internet emphasising the effects of deforestation on the indigenous people and the wildlife in past blogs i have pointed out my research also i have pasted links to musicians and song lyrics that deal with these issues in an earlier blog these  i have used to influence prilimary sketches and ideas in my studio space
Robin noted a need for me to focus on artists  and mentioned Gary Humes work particularly the aspects of colour and Donald Judds work particularly on hare drawings i also am influenced by Kathe Kollwitz and leon Golub who deal with social issues and i find Anselm Kiefers highly textuerd work could play a part in relation to texture which i am particularly drawn to in my work 
As part of my proposal with WLT is to create a landscape inspired painting i have looked at the works of David Hockney and Cezanne I find their use of colour in particular stimulating 
TODAY i received an email from Kelly about meeting John Burton who is the CEO at WLT this will be to discuss the ideas of what type of land scape i will create for the commission I hope to chat about Johns experiences of meeting the indigenous people and hope i can create a work in response to our chat.
 PEER GROUPS I spoke with Gillian today and mentioned my concern as to if my work with the trust was a Proper collaboration I have struggled or wrestled with these thoughts i worked hard to find a collaboration and am a little concerned that it is border line in this context Gillian made some helpful points that my art is being used as a tool to aid financial support to the trust if art sells i am producing work i response to the themes and the world land trust is allowing me to make work that will be in the gallery that is a response to the effects of deforestation this includes the aspects of social issues they have given me a student gallery spot that i can hang work up i  in response to their themes and aspects of the effects of deforestation. 
Talking about my project with Anna and Karen i got positive feed back about how i was incorporating the aspects of deforestation effects i was also able to chat about chico Mendes and his contestation of struggle in brazil as a leader of the workers union for the rubber tappers in the 1980s.
Lastly I have made spider grams to help me consentrate my ideas about how i could make a piece of art in response to CHICO MENDES plight in brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment